1. How would operations strategy for a service industry be different if any from that for a manufacturing industry ? (Its an example & explain)
2. Consider the following two mutually exclusive projects. The net cash flows are given below:
|YEAR||NET CASH FLOWS FROM PROJECT A||NET CASH FLOWS FROM PROJECT B|
|0||– Rs. 1,00,000||– Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|1||+ Rs. 30,000||+ Rs. 15,000/-|
|2||+ Rs. 35,000||+ Rs. 17,500/-|
|3||+ Rs. 40,000||+ Rs. 20,000/-|
|4||+ Rs. 45,000||+ Rs. 22,500/-|
|5||+ Rs. 25,000/-|
|6||+ Rs. 27,500/-|
|7||+ Rs. 30,000/-|
|8||+ Rs. 32,500/-|
If the desired rate of return is 10% which project should be chosen?
3. What are the levels of aggregation in forecasting for a manufacturing organization? How should this hierarchy of forecasts be linked and used ?
4. How would forecasting be useful for operations in a BPO (Business processes outsourcing) unit ? What factors may be important for this industry ? Discuss .
5. A good work study should be followed by good supervision for getting good results. Explain with an example.
6. What is job evaluation ? Can it be alternatively used as job ranking ? How does one ensure that job evaluation evaluates the job and not the man ? Explain with examples ?
7. What is the impact of technology on jobs ? What are the similarities between job enlargement & job rotation ? Discuss the importance of training in the content of job redesign ? Explain with examples ?
8. What is an internet connectivity ? How is it important in to days business would with respect to materials requirement planning & purchasing. Explain with examples ?
9. Would a project management organization be different from an organization for regular manufacturing in what ways. Examples.
10. How project evaluation different from project appraisal? Explain with examples.