- Compare ‘verification principle’ of Logical Positivism with ‘Falsifiability’ of Karl
- Popper and their relevance in Research Method.
- Discuss the concept of hypothesis, in the light of ‘Falsifiability Criterion’ of Karl Popper.
- Distinguish between ‘Constitutive’ and ‘Operational’ definitions.
- What is a Projective Test? What is the advantage of this test over the other forms of tests?
- Discuss the purpose of ‘Research Design’.
- Distinguish between ‘Descriptive Statistics’ and ‘Inferential Statistics’.
- Discuss the theories of Truth and their relevance to Quantitative and Qualitative Research.
- Discuss ‘Case Study’ method in Qualitative Methodology.
- Explain ‘Data Reduction’ and ‘Data Display’ in Qualitative Research.
- Discuss the philosophical foundation of Qualitative Methodology.
- Choose an area of your interest in Research and draft a Research Proposal with Title, Research problems, Hypothesis, Variables, Quantification schemes of variables, Research Design and Analysis plan.
- Explain different levels of measurement giving appropriate example of each level.
- Why is questionnaire still widely used in spite of its limitations? Mention some important points to be kept in mind while constructing a questionnaire.
- What is validity of a tool ? Describe different types of validity.
- Compare the steps of a qualitative & quantitative research.
- Discuss Interview as a technique of data collection.
- The monthly income of two persons are in the ratio 4:5 and their monthy expenditures are in the ratio 7:9. If each saves rs. 50 per montrh, find their monthly incomes.
- A tour operator charges rs. 136 per passenger for 100 passengers with a discount of rs. 4 for each 10 passengers in excess of 100. Determine the number of passengers that will maximize the amount of money the tour operator services.
- A firm has current sales of rs. 50000 e0.02t per month. The firm wants to embark upon a certain advertising campaign that will increase the sales by 2% every month over the 12 months period ofcampaign. Find total increase of sales as a result of the campaign.
- There are two branches of an establishment employing 200 and 160 persons respectively. If the AMs of the monthly salaries paid by the two branches are rs. 550 and rs. 450 respectivvely, find AM of the salaries of the employees of the establishment as a whole.
- Calculate the median for the following frequency distribution
5-10 10-15 15-20 20-25 25-30 30-35 35-40 40-45 45-50
No of students
7 15 24 31 42 30 26 15 10
- For the cost function y = 500x – 40×2 + 3×3 for x units, find the average cost, marginal cost and marginal average cost.
- A man borrows rs. 1500 and agrees to repay the debt in 5 equal instalmenst with 6% interest, compounded annually. If the first payment is to be made at the end of the first year, how much should each payment be?
- A manufacturer can sell x items per month at a price of P = 300– 2x rupees. Producing x items cost the manufacturer y rupees where y = 2x + 1000. How much production will yield maximum profit.